#TIL | Force Refresh Android Chrome
Reloading a web page in Chrome on Android without letting the browser use it’s cache (hard reload, CTRL + F5 on desktop) isn’t that simple, if you want to avoid clearing your whole cache. But there is a workaround if the website is installable as PWA:
- Install it via the three dot menu in Chrome
- Long press on the icon in launcher
- Select “Website Settings”
- Tap on “Delete and Reset”
- Confirm the dialog “Do you really want to reset all local data…”
Last thing is the point: It doesn’t delete the PWA itself, but all data stored in the cache for it.